La Gramigna steel fibers are the optimal solution for reinforcing large concrete surfaces designed to support dynamic loads of all weights and sizes.
Obtained by cold-drawing the steel wire, they are able to guarantee different levels of resistance to external loads and to limit matrix cracking as much as possible. Their peculiar shape, designed to better adhere to the cement paste, performs a stitching action between the edges of the cracks and increases the toughness and flexural tensile strength of the concrete (for applications requiring maximum strength and durability, see La Gramigna Gold instead).
La Gramigna steel fibers feature a single hook. They are supplied loose or in bundles of several pieces glued together, which facilitates their dosage and addition to the mix while working on the most complex projects. Once introduced into the truck mixer by means of suitable loading and unraveling equipment (see product sheet SC99/3), the rotating movement separates the fibers and distributes them evenly.
Diameter from 0.75 to 1.00 mm with length between 30 and 60 mm. Tensile strength from 1100 to 1800 MPa.
- Increases concrete resistance to flexural-tensile and dynamic loads
- Makes the structure ductile and resistant to fatigue, impact and crumbling
- Adheres firmly to the cement matrix
- Reduces plastic shrinkage
- Distributes evenly throughout the mix
- Pumps easily
- Reduces installation and labor costs on site
La Gramigna steel fibers can be used in any situation where there is a need to limit the cracking of the cement matrix, for example due to shrinkage or external loads. Among the most common applications are:
- Industrial and commercial flooring (warehouses, workshops, storage areas, etc.)
- Prefabricated buildings (cabins, pipes, breakwaters, socket foundation plinths, masonry panels, manholes for waterworks and sewers, silos, etc.)
- Road infrastructures (parking lots, airport runways, freeways, lay-bys and freeway barriers)
- Thin section slabs and structures
- Dams and other hydraulic works
- Refractory concretes subject to high thermal stresses
- Compensated shrinkage mortars
- Structures designed to absorb shocks and/or resist fatigue phenomena
La Gramigna fibers obtained the CE marking and meet UNI EN 14889-1 requirements.
La Gramigna MACRO